MESAS 2020 conference went virtually
The NATO Modelling & Simulation Centre of Excellence virtually hosted the annual MESAS conference on 21 October. The event gathered fully recognized experts from different domains: Military, Academia and Industry with 90 participants, 20 scientist papers and 10 companies.
MESAS 2020 was originally organized by the NATO Modelling & Simulation Centre of Excellence within the FUTURE FORCES FORUM 2020, but due to COVID-19 outbreak was held virtually and compressed into one day.
The topics of 2020 edition were: Autonomous any Systems/AI in Context of Future Warfare and Security Environment (Concepts, Applications, Standards, etc.); M&S of Intelligent Systems – R&D and Application; Future Challenges of Advanced M&S Technology.
The participants were welcomed by the messages of the NATO M&S CoE Director Colonel Michele Turi and the Dean of Faculty of Military Technology, University of Defence Colonel Vlastimil Neumann. Colonel Turi during his warm welcome and introductory message stated: "This is not the first time the Modelling and Simulation Center of Excellence organized such kind of event in a virtual and digital environment. Last Computer Aided Analysis Exercise Experimentation Forum is an example; this signs an important milestone in our organization. Nowadays, due to the pandemic outbreak, the new challenge is related to the re-organization of all our consolidated activities in a new digital way".
As every year, MESAS conference is the venue to show important achievement, to present new projects and to get together in one fell swoop the community being dealing with autonomous systems. Stakeholders and subject matter experts from around the world shared experiences, expertise and lesson learned in plenary, workshops and breakout sessions dedicated to improving Modelling and Simulation topic related areas. The event is the right place for the promotion and the exchange of information as well as best practices among SMEs.
MESAS is an Inter-domain and Multi-disciplinary exchange of knowledge within M&S, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems and Robotics areas of interest, a scientific event with peer-reviewed proceedings (published by Springer). MESAS is the right venue for Creating an annual discussion and presentation platform for the latest R&D achievements and connecting an academic, scientific, military and also industrial community. The idea to create a community of interest focused on M&S in support to the Autonomous Systems as well as the possibility of merging the two different communities of interest, M&S and autonomous systems, is more beneficial for research and development and for military operations every day dealing with an increasing number of unmanned vehicles.
- 23.11.2021GEN Opata: Czech Armed Forces Must Follow New Trends and Use New Technologies
- 16.11.2021Future Air Force Panel - New Generation Aircraft 2022
- 11.11.2021Veterans Day
- 27.10.2021Future Cyber Defence Conference | 09 - 10 November 2021
- 22.10.2021Successful Meetings with our Exhibitors and Partners at Milipol
- 22.10.2021Auspices of the Minister of Defence of the Czech Republic
- 15.10.2021Meet us at Milipol Paris
- 05.10.2021European Cyber Security Challenge 2021
- 22.09.2021FFF Newsletter | September 2021
- 20.09.2021Lockheed Martin's TPY-4 Radar Sets New Standard In Airspace Threat Detection
- 15.09.2021What’s it like to be a soldier on a NATO exercise?
- 11.08.2021Jan Mazal: It is difficult to imagine the future battlefield without robotic systems
- 30.07.2021FFF Newsletter | July 2021
- 23.07.2021Rheinmetall to Supply the Bundeswehr with Laser Light Modules
- 23.07.2021Lockheed Martin F-35: The Most Advanced Node in the 21st Century Warfare
- 19.07.2021Rheinmetall Presents First Full Concept for the Next Generation of the Bundeswehr’s Future Soldier
- 21.05.202114th FFF will be held on 19 - 21 October 2022 in Prague
- 03.05.2021Future of Cyber Conference Successfully Concluded as a Hybrid Event
- 26.04.2021Future of Cyber Conference 2021 will be a Hybrid Event
- 20.04.2021Air Defence Conference 2021 will be a virtual event
- 06.04.2021Postponed FFF was to host several world premieres
- 22.03.2021Announcement of postponement - FFF will not take place live in April 2021
- 16.02.2021Rheinmetall’s Lynx KF41 answers new battlefield threats
- 12.02.2021Česká zbrojovka (CZ) to Acquire Colt
- 12.02.2021Possible Future Tank for the Czech Armed Forces
- 11.02.2021Recruitment of Members of the 43rd Airborne Regiment of the Czech Armed Forces
- 10.02.2021GDELS Awarded Order for 57 EAGLE 4x4 Vehicles for Danish Armed Forces
- 09.02.2021DDoS Attacks on FFF and Future Forces Exhibition Servers
- 04.02.2021Air Defence Conference 2021
- 29.01.2021"New Ideas for NATO 2030" – a youth event organized by NATO
- 25.01.2021Number of Confirmed Foreign Delegations to FFF is Growing
- 22.01.2021Possibility to Participate in the NIAG Studies
- 12.01.2021The First Czech Command of a Foreign Mission Successfully Completed
- 05.01.2021FFF Contributed to the Modernization of Military University Hospital Prague
- 23.12.2020Season's Greetings
- 03.12.2020How can the wars of the future look like? Outlines were presented by DefSec Innovation Hub project
- 26.11.2020The Command Assembly supported the modernization of the Czech Armed Forces and rejected cuts in defence spending
- 23.11.2020FFF & CZ DEFENCE – Discounted Offer of Online Campaigns
- 04.11.2020Czech MoD to launch a market survey for the project "Medium Wheeled Armored Vehicle"
- 21.10.2020MESAS 2020 conference went virtually
- 21.10.2020Backup medical facility is being built at PVA EXPO PRAHA instead of the FFF 2020
- 07.10.2020COLSYS - AUTOMATIK became the main partner of the Future of Cyber Conference
- 06.10.2020Welcome Word from the Minister of Industry & Trade and Minister of Transport
- 01.10.2020POSTPONEMENT OF THE FFF TO A NEW TERM 28 - 30 APRIL 2021
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the President of the DSIA
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the Chairman of the Future of Cyber Conference
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the General Director of the Fire Rescue Service
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the Prime Minister
- 25.09.2020Welcome Word from the President of the Chamber of Deputies
- 21.09.2020JISR Institute again at Future Forces